UPDATE*** The winner of the pillow size Coolerest Sleep Pad is Sandra Leverich! Congratulations! Please send your information to info@Compartmentlife.com with the subject winner.
Many of you may remember my review of the Coolerest Sleep Pad (back then it was just called the Cool Gelmat). Well it’s been a year since I received one and I still use it all the time. After I reviewed this product I received so much feedback that I wanted to do a follow-up post to answer some of the additional questions you had for me.
The most common questions I received were “How does the gel cool?” and “How much does the gel cool you off?” Which both are a little hard to explain with words alone. Which is why I leaped to the aid of my trusty video camera to give you a visual rundown to answer these questions.
Some things to note while watching this video:
- I say that I’m going to place my hand on the gel for 30 seconds. However, I started flapping my gums and lost track of the time. I wound up keeping my hand on the mat for about a minute. That was unintentional but you can still see how quickly the gel begins to cool. Within one minute my hand was 3 degrees cooler.
- I also ramble about my sunburn and my dogs, I get a little nervous still whenever I do video. Many apologies.
If you can’t watch the video here is a little run down of what is going on:
I talk about the response I received from the first post and give a little overview of how to use the Coolerest Sleep Pad. You simply place the mat on a surface of your home such as your bed, chair, couch, floor, etc and then sit/lay on it to achieve the cooling effect. I used a little digital thermal thermometer to measure the temperature of my hand which was 88° Fahrenheit. Then I placed my hand on the Coolerest Sleep Pad and waited what I thought was 30 seconds (it was actually about a minute) and then I remeasure the temperature of my hand which was 85° Fahrenheit. Which was a difference of 3° in just a minute! I then, very cheesily, pretend I’m going to take a nap. I’m so cool.
There have been over 5,000,000 Coolerest Sleep Pads sold across Japan, Australia and Korea, and now they’re being sold in the U.S. and Canada online at www.coolgelsolutions.com. They help people with a range of issues that create problems regulating their body temperatures such as menopause, chronic diseases like epilepsy and multiple-sclerosis, to people who simply sleep hot like myself. Personally, I keep my Coolerest Sleep Pad down at the foot of my bed to help me keep my feet cool because for whatever reason they always seem to radiate heat at night.
Since you all seem to love the product as much as I do I’ve been given the chance to giveaway a personal size Coolerest Sleep Pad (like the one in the video) away to one of my readers!
- PRIZE: A personal size Coolerest Sleep Pad from Coolgelsolutions.com
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the phrase “IT’S GETTIN’ HOT IN HERE!” and tell me…
- BONUS QUESTION: …why you want a Coolerest Sleep Pad
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Friday, June 8th at 5pm CST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE SHIPS: The United States
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected at random and announced on Monday as an update to this post. That’s right, come right back here on Monday for the announcement of the winner. Good luck…
But wait, there’s more…..
I also have a coupon code for those of you that wish to purchase a Coolerest Sleep Pad right now! Just enter the coupon code below at checkout:
Get Weekly Steals and DIY's in Your Inbox!
- Yesterday, I was sending thoughts out into the Twitter-verse when I came across this gorgeous image from Elle Decor… »
- Gold Stones $Free, Allegra Hicks Placemat Set $9.99, Bracket Dinnerware $3.95-$6.95, Manchester Glass Set $128.00,… »
- Here is a breath of fresh air in the rug world. Lulu & Georgia carry accessories for all style types, glamorous,… »
Blogs To Check Out