Other names for this post “A Very Shameful Compartment Visit” or “A Trip Through Shannon’s Messy Life”
So I’ve officially been in my new home for about a week and half and I realized I have yet to show you anything! Shame on me! I love it, my roommate loves it, and my pups love it, but its only in the beginning phases of looking like the house I’m dreaming it to be. While the main components of my house are unpacked like my clothes or anything in the kitchen I’m realizing that I have a lot of unpacked boxes of books, movies, and decor but nowhere to put them because I have no storage! Who would have thought. It really makes you stop and wonder…where was I putting all this before the move? I actually shot some video of my house to show you the state of chaos that it’s in, my apologies for the mess but I wanted to show you the real life version so you can see the areas I truly need improvement in. I’m being very brave in showing you this part of my
home mess, so do your best not to judge. Hey I had literally just moved in a couple of days before this video was shot.
If you don’t have time to watch the video above. Take a peek through what will be known as my gallery of before pictures. I have never made the effort before to document the progress of a house/apartment/room becoming a home. So mostly what you’re going to see is a gallery of photos with blank walls, messes of boxes and lack of storage for anything. Hey it’s alright, these things take time, and as long as I continue to take it one day at a time I may keep my sanity.
Some things to note:
- My purple couch. I love it, I can’t believe I ever lived without it. No puppies allowed.
- The blue coffee table is on its way out. It will be replaced like much of the furniture in this place. For now I’m making do with what I have. First item to replace though is an entertainment center.
- Every wall needs shelves and decor. I know.
- As much as I like to pretend, even when decorated my house is in some state of chaos/mess like in the video.
- My closet needs storage. My pantry needs storage. My living room needs storage. My laundry needs storage. Get the picture?
- The guest bedroom is already going through some changes I can’t wait to show you them.
- I want to repaint the two bedrooms. Grey for my room with purple, black and white accents. Red for Ryli’s (my roommate) room with white and gold accents.
- I’ve started thinking about restaining the concrete. Can it be done? Probably.
- This whole house is a major work in progress. Some come with me on the journey!
Thanks for bearing with the mess of the photos and videos, but now you can really get a gist of the storage I so desperately need.
Get Weekly Steals and DIY's in Your Inbox!
- Yesterday, I was sending thoughts out into the Twitter-verse when I came across this gorgeous image from Elle Decor… »
- Gold Stones $Free, Allegra Hicks Placemat Set $9.99, Bracket Dinnerware $3.95-$6.95, Manchester Glass Set $128.00,… »
- Here is a breath of fresh air in the rug world. Lulu & Georgia carry accessories for all style types, glamorous,… »
Blogs To Check Out