Interested in getting more organized? Congratulations – you are that much closer to leading a more stressful and relaxed life! However, for maximum effectiveness, you should first do some de-cluttering in your home before you embark on your organization adventure.
When it comes to being organized, de-cluttering is an essential step. Why? Well, in order to know what your furniture storage needs are, you must first sort through your belongings to determine which items are non-essential ones. Some questions to ask yourself while de-cluttering include: Have you used the item in the past year? Can someone else use this item more than me? Will I realistically use the item one year from now? For many people, the de-cluttering of belongings may be a particularly daunting task – thus, in order to make the task somewhat easier, feel free to de-clutter in shifts if need be. Done de-cluttering? Great! Now – use these helpful tips to learn how to better organize your home with the help of furniture.
- Buy a quality shoe storage stand.
- Purchase a trunk or ottoman to place near your doorway.
- Consider placing a coat rack in this area if space permits.
- Place a sideboard in the hallway near your entrance for an attractive storage area.
- Always consider buying furniture with storage compartments – some good examples include coffee tables, ottomans, trunks, and related furniture items
- If your shelves do not have built-in drawers, buy baskets and other storage bins that both fit your shelves and match your décor.
- If space permits, consider buying a portable island or other shelving unit for your kitchen to store various cooking odds and ends.
- Use cabinet and drawer organizers to better organize the items in these spaces for maximum efficiency.
- Consider purchasing an “over-the-toilet” organizer.
- Space permitting, you may also want to purchase a shelving unit to further organize bathroom items.
- Use attractive baskets to further organize your belongs on these shelves.
- Hang hooks behind the door to help organize towels and clothing items.
- Use a caddy on wheels to store laundry detergents and other laundry supplies
- Use appropriate shelving and baskets to further organize your clothing, ironing and laundry items.
- Find a wall mount iron board that can fold away when not in use.
Hopefully, with these tips, you will now be able to have the organized home of your dreams! Do you have any handy organizational tips you want to share?
(You can use this coupon below if you like what you find in this post!)
Get Weekly Steals and DIY's in Your Inbox!
- Yesterday, I was sending thoughts out into the Twitter-verse when I came across this gorgeous image from Elle Decor… »
- Gold Stones $Free, Allegra Hicks Placemat Set $9.99, Bracket Dinnerware $3.95-$6.95, Manchester Glass Set $128.00,… »
- Here is a breath of fresh air in the rug world. Lulu & Georgia carry accessories for all style types, glamorous,… »
Blogs To Check Out