I have been currently obsessing about the possibilities I have created for myself since I got my Ehprem’s Original Bottle Cutter Kit. I spent the whole evening making a full set of drinking glasses for myself. I was pretty pumped about it. Here’s my first official video blog, now you can put a face with the blog!
In case you can’t watch this video at home it’s pretty simple to use.
1. First, peel the label off of the wine bottle and use some goo gone to remove any residual residue. It helps if you soak the wine label first in hot water with a little dish soap.
2. They don’t have to be perfect right away so get the majority off use the bottle cutter to etch a line around the bottle.
3. Heat the line over an open flame, a simple tealight or taper candle will do fine. You’ll hear some very faint pops and cracks, that’s normal.
4. Using an ice cube, rub the ice cube around the line that you just heated.
5. Alternate steps 3 and 4 and eventually the glass will come apart.
6. Using a piece of glass or a mirror that you won’t mind if it gets scratched up, pour some of the sanding powder onto the glass and add just a little water. Start rotating the sharp edges of the tumbler or wine bottle half in circular motions on top of the glass.
7. Once the wine bottle half is mostly smooth, use sand paper to do the fine sanding.
*For the cleanest lines take your time, you may have to repeat steps 3 and 4 several times but it will be worth it.
*You can make anything from glass tumblers to candle votives to candlestick holders, but try to make the decision before you etch a line around the glass, it’ll save you from a headache later.
* Make sure the glass-etching-thing-a-ma-jigger is tightened so that when you are etching your line the line doesn’t veer off course.
Get Weekly Steals and DIY's in Your Inbox!
- Yesterday, I was sending thoughts out into the Twitter-verse when I came across this gorgeous image from Elle Decor… »
- Gold Stones $Free, Allegra Hicks Placemat Set $9.99, Bracket Dinnerware $3.95-$6.95, Manchester Glass Set $128.00,… »
- Here is a breath of fresh air in the rug world. Lulu & Georgia carry accessories for all style types, glamorous,… »
Blogs To Check Out